2NDNATURE (www.2ndnaturewater.com) is on a mission is to deliver actionable science to support sustainable water resource stewardship, healthy ecosystems, and community resilience. Everything we do is aimed to create the gold-standard in a new category of compliance management, from our science and technology to our passion for our customers’ success, to doing our part at creating a healthy planet. We live our personal missions by building the change we want to see in the world. We are looking for brilliant, curious, and creative people to be teammates. Be a part of high tech with purpose.
WHAT WE ENABLE YOU TO DO
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, intermediate Full-Stack Developer with a passion for software development to join our onsite development team. Become part of a startup whose goal is to bring clean water to the nation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assemble and integrate feedback for continuous improvement of the applications
- Configure and maintain a spatial database (PostGIS / PostgreSQL)
- Work with a small team of developers to enhance UI and implement new technologies while maintaining established code standards
- Maintain a PHP / Laravel RESTful API
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least one year of experience in software development and proven products
- Fluent in HTML and CSS / SCSS
- Experience with source control systems (Git, SVN, Mercurial)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Science or Engineering preferred)
WHAT WOULD MAKE US REALLY LOVE YOU
- Previous work experience with LAMP or LAPP stack
- Working knowledge of PHP – Laravel framework especially helpful
- Python experience
- Familiarity with GIS software (ArcGIS, QGIS) or spatial databases (PostGIS)
- Experience with PWAs (progressive web apps) and/or experience building responsive sites that work across multiple browsers/platforms
- Familiarity with environmental sciences, including hydrology, geomorphology, and water chemistry
WHAT 2NDNATURE SOFTWARE BRINGS TO THE TABLE
Our stormwater management and compliance platform brings transparency and accountability to urban land management. Our geospatial solution empowers local and state government staff to efficiently comply with Clean Water Act requirements while enabling an ongoing capacity to measure program performance. We are the asset and compliance management system for some of the largest and most exciting clean water projects in the country.
We are an early stage technology company with an impact mission, strong product market fit and great team attitude. Adoption of our platform is growing. Our work environment is open and progressive, encouraging collaboration and communication, and our office ethic is supportive of everyone’s need for a healthy work-life balance.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, resume and a copy of their transcripts. 2NDNATURE offers a full range of competitive health, retirement and dental benefits. Compensation and benefits will vary based on the capabilities and qualifications of the applicant.
2NDNATURE provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We value reliable and committed teammates that take ownership and passionate about making sound science accessible and actionable for decision makers.
Please send applications to email@example.com. When applying, please include a cover letter with your resume.